Our employment division is so excited to be partnering with headspace Greensborough to deliver a promising employment pathway for young people with barriers to employment.
We have been so excited to announce a big milestone for 2021. WCIG and headspace Greensborough have come together to deliver reliable and efficient services to help young people with barriers to employment find suitable work. This partnership will enable us to provide the most holistic approach possible to assist individuals to reach their goals and improve lives.
As part of the consortium, the services we will provide in partnership with headspace Greensborough include:
- Forming a tailored plan for individuals by getting to know them and their interests in a face-to-face appointment
- Discovering their employment goals or discussing different ideas if they are unsure or are seeking options to explore
- Assisting the individual with employment preparation such as, creating a resume and cover letter, as well as assisting them in finding professional or personality references
- Offering interview prep such as what clothing to wear and working on responses
- Assisting them in researching courses or opportunities to upskill in the direction of their goals
- Offering support and assistance in contacting potential employers or RTOs on their behalf to explore opportunities
- Most importantly supporting the individual and building their confidence
Our team of specialists are proud to be working with another great community organisation to ensure we can provide the service for our local community.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds. headspace can help young people with mental health, physical health (including sexual health) alcohol and other drug services, and work and study support.
To find out more about their services and organisation, please head to their website: headspace.org.au/about-us/who-we-are