Heavy Diesel Mechanic required on a temp-perm basis, located in Seymour, Victoria. 3 roles are available.
Located on a Defence Base near Seymour, you’ll be responsible for maintaining all Defence Vehicles and plant equipment, including but not limited to; trucks, tanks, armoured personnel carriers, 4WDs and bulldozers.
Immediate start in a secure industry.
Looking for reliable hard workers who are trade qualified and experienced in Diesel Mechanics. Those with only Light Vehicle experience would be considered. There is a high likelihood for this role to go permanent if you have:
- Certificate III in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Trade Certification or equivalent (MUST)
- Federal Police Check – current or be willing to get one (MUST)
- Experience working with Diesel Engines
- Light Vehicle Mechanics with demonstrated experience on diesel vehicles will be strongly considered
- Pass a pre-employment medical, including drug & alcohol testing
- Hard work ethic
- Good time management – arrive to work on time
- Enthusiastic to learn a new skill
- Team player
- Own a car and have a valid licence
- White Card
- Opportunity to work on Australian’s Defence Vehicles
- Regular work – M-T 0700-1645 & F 0700-1200
- Potential for temp position to become permanent in a secure industry.
- Promotional Opportunities
- Chance to learn new skills
If interested, please apply to the role and submit your resume. Ensure you include your name, phone number and any relevant experience.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “ATTN: Candy” in the subject line.
Only those with Australian working rights will be considered.
Must be trade qualified, experience working on diesel engines (light vehicle will be considered) and have a federal police check. Strong likelihood to go perm after 3 months.
Hours on the attached and payrate $35-40 + super/hr (depending on experience, $35 Light Vehicle and $40 heavy vehicle).