Industry leading salary PLUS Salary Packaging and attractive employee benefits
0.5 FTE – 5 days each fortnight
Training to be most commonly delivered in either Fitzroy or Footscray but may involve occasional movement to one of our sites
The Working Communities Network (WCNjobs) is a consortium of organisations with WCIG, JobCo and E-Focus. WCNjobs provides DES ESS services over 35 sites across all of Melbourne and in Geelong to approximately 2000 clients. Our income remains in line with that gained under previous contract conditions. We are recruiting for a Trainer/Facilitator to deliver training to staff in DES specific activities including induction training, reverse marketing training, within the consortium on a permanent part-time basis (working 5 days per fortnight). Remuneration will be negotiated in line with the successful candidate’s relevant skills, knowledge and experience. This role is ideal for someone that does not want to be desk bound.
This position requires a high knowledge of how DES works and the use of ESS IT along with being an excellent communicator to facilitate end-to-end induction training, including needs analysis, design, development, delivery, assessment and evaluation. Your primary focus will be developing essential skills required of DES staff to deliver high quality, customer focused service to our jobseekers.
- Develop and regularly update course curriculum and learning resources
- Participate in course planning and review for continuous improvement
- Work closely with the Quality Officer to ensure staff compliance to relevant legislation and guidelines, as a result of encouraging staff to use departmental guidelines
- Evaluate course effectiveness and pass through relevant staff feedback to DES Managers
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders across the organisations
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of DES program guidelines and the ability to keep current with industry changes
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or equivalent is preferred (or to be actioned as part of professional development soon after successful selection)
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline will be highly regarded
- Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills is a must
What’s on offer:
- Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) with industry leading salary levels that increase by 2.5% annually for the life of the agreement
- Above Award personal, compassionate and maternity leave schemes
- Free Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Salary packaging
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Option of purchasing additional two weeks of annual leave
- Emphasis on staff training and professional development
If you would like to join our team, please submit your application including a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions, please contact Carmen Wong – HR Coordinator on 03 9689 3437. Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WCIG does not accept unsolicited applications or phone calls from recruitment agencies.
WCIG is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and supports the creation of working conditions to ensure that all employees have an equal chance to seek and obtain employment, promotion and training. WCIG encourages applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders and/or those with a disability. Only Australian citizens, permanent residents or people who have the right to work in Australia may apply.
Our organisation is committed to child safety. We have zero tolerance of child abuse. Our robust human resources, recruitment and vetting practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interviewing process. Applicants should be aware that we carry out working with children, police records and reference checks (as we see fit) to ensure that we are recruiting the appropriately qualified and experienced people.