Part-time Compliance Officer/Coordinator (6 month Maternity Contract)
Located at our busy office in Footscray
Industry leading salary PLUS Salary Packaging and attractive employee benefits
Well known non-profit organisation with our own EBA
Westgate Community Initiatives Group Inc. (WCIG) is a well-known, community based not for profit organisation that is committed to creating practical responses to unemployment in the western region of Melbourne and Geelong. We are currently looking for an experienced Compliance Officer to join our RTO on a 6-month maternity leave contract, commencing January 2020, working 22.8 hours per week.
We are looking for someone to provide operational support and monitor contractual compliance within the Training Services team. Your excellent attention to detail will ensure our Training Services operates according to regulatory requirements within the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VQRA). Your will work closely alongside the Training Services team and Trainers to ensure all documentation and processes are up-to-date and compliant with relevant legislation. You will have excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will be adept at solving problems and minimising compliance risk within the RTO.
- Continuously improve processes to align with Vocational Education and Training (VET) quality framework
- Assist with submissions for change of scope, change of details and applications to VRQA
- Assist in the development, review and maintenance of relevant policies and procedures and other resources
- Assist in the preparation and submission of required data reports
- Support the team with internal and external audits, course reviews and assessment validation
- Communicate and implement changes to regulatory requirements to relevant staff members
- Maintain training database, trainer qualification register and library for course resources
- General administration and handling customer queries
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field and/or relevant experience
- Knowledge of auditing and quality systems to ensure processes are implemented according to relevant legislation
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- High level of administrative, organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and RTO Student Management System (aXcelerate or similar)
What’s on offer:
- Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) with industry leading salary levels that increase by 2.5% for the life of the agreement
- Above Award personal, compassionate and maternity leave schemes
- Free Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Salary packaging
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Option of purchasing additional two weeks of annual leave
- Emphasis on staff training and professional development
If you would like to join our team, please submit your application including a cover letter and resume. If you have any questions, please contact Carmen Wong – HR Coordinator on 03 9689 3437. Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To apply, email your resume and a covering letter to: HRadmin@wcig.org.au
WCIG does not accept unsolicited applications or phone calls from recruitment agencies.
WCIG Inc. is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and supports the creation of working conditions to ensure that all employees have an equal chance to seek and obtain employment, promotion and training. WCIG encourages applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders and/or those with a disability. Only Australian citizens, permanent residents or people who have the right to work in Australia may apply.
Our organisation is committed to child safety. We have zero tolerance of child abuse. Our robust human resources, recruitment and vetting practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interviewing process. Applicants should be aware that we carry out working with children, police records and reference checks (as we see fit) to ensure that we are recruiting the appropriately qualified and experienced people.