Employment & Education Transition
WCIG has a long history of supporting individuals to find meaningful employment. Everyone needs support at some stage in their life to discover their passion, engage in employment or further their education. If you have a goal of employment or further education in your NDIS plan, we can support you to reach your potential.
We can support you through:
- School Leaver Employment Support (SLES). SLES is an NDIS support designed to provide one-on-one and group support to young people about to graduate from school to prepare for and find work
- Finding and Keeping a Job is an NDIS support designed to provide one-on-one and group support to people wishing to prepare for and find work
- Assistance to access and maintain employment or education. This support focuses on your access to employment and education opportunities. In line with your NDIS plan, we assist you to build your skills to gain employment or to transition through school to further education
Our supports are tailored to your needs. We identify what areas you need support in by taking the time to listen to you, learn what it is you enjoy doing, what your past experience and education is and focus on a personalised plan that we develop to help you to reach your potential through meaningful employment or education.
We can support you to meet your goal of employment or further education by:
- Activities to identify interests
- Learning how to cope with a work environment
- Communicating with others
- Supported Work experience in an industry of your choice
- Learning how to confidently use public transport
- Resume writing
- Personal presentation
- Good workplace practices
- Personal and social development
- Employment preparation and interview skills
Contact our Disability team about your plan using the form below and we will get in contact as soon as we can.