Social, Recreational, Community & Life Skills
Enjoy your community or the broader community the way you want to. No matter what your interest is, WCIG can help you to engage in your passion. If you have a desire, want or need to learn a new skill or develop an existing one we can support you with that too.
We will take the time to listen to you, which means gaining an idea of what it is you really want to do, and if you’re not sure there are plenty of options that we can suggest. Once we have a good idea of what it is you would like to do or achieve we will find a like-minded individual to support you to pursue your goals. If you have a small group of friends who have the same interests or goals, we are happy to create an activity group or program for you.
We can support you to:
- Participate in local groups, clubs or recreational activities
- Join a sporting team
- Art or music groups or classes
- Support to prepare/learn to prepare nutritious meals
- Learning life skills around your own home such as using your washing machine or dishwasher
- Meal planning, creating shopping lists and shopping
- Support to learn how to catch public transport
- Attend concerts or the theatre
We assist you to build your skills inside and outside the home to become more confident, independent and connected to your community.
Contact our Disability team about your plan using the form below and we will get in contact as soon as we can.