Disability Awareness Training
Disability Awareness Training is a short course all about creating a welcoming, accepting and friendly community.
Disability Awareness Training is available to community and neighbourhood houses, cultural, sporting and leisure groups, businesses and all individuals.
With over 20% of the Australian population living with a disability, disability awareness is vital. Disability Awareness helps to break down the stereotypes and preconceived ideas associated with people living with disability.
This program is designed to assist you to break down some of the barriers as an individual, a community organisation representative or an employer. The end goal is to open your mind and doors to people who could be participating, volunteering or working with you.
This training will help you to:
- Explore the history of disability
- Demystify disability and dispel some of the unhelpful myths
- Find out about the key legislation in the disability sector
- Understand inclusion and how to achieve it
- Learn appropriate communication strategies
- Gain insight into your legal and moral obligations
Disability Awareness is available in two formats:
- Face to face 3 hour interactive workshop.
- Online E-learn gives you the option of completing the program in any location and when it suits you. E-learning allows you complete the training at your own pace.
Contact our Disability team about our Disability Awareness training using the form below and we will get in contact as soon as we can.