WCIG is now offering a free, short, accredited training course, as a mixture of online and workplace-based learning, to help staff identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection. This targeted course is available to employers and workers in Victorian businesses where COVID-safe practices are vital.
After completion of the training, staff will be able to confidently:
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards.
Participants will learn a range of skills, including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission
- Blended learning (online learning and workplace-based assessment)
- Student must have access to digital resources to access Zoom meeting session
- Adobe fill and sign free app for assessments
25 hours | 2 days
Any worker who is eligible to work or volunteer in Australia currently employed in the disability/ individual support care sector or the aged care sector, irrespective of their citizenship or residency status, with priority given to those working in critical industries, can enrol in the program.
- Case study
- Role play
If you’d like to chat to us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0401 949 142.