Introduction to Gardening is a program designed for people with disability.
The program is an introduction to further education in horticulture and will also provide improved living skills, confidence and open up employment opportunities.
Note that support provided in class is provided by individual NDIS funding.
Topics covered include:
- Home composting and mulching techniques
- Organic pest control
- Growing herbs in raised garden beds and pots
- Designing and building ‘living gifts’
- Increased independence and confidence
- A take-home ‘living gift’ from lessons
- Potential links to employment opportunities