WCIG is now offering a free, short, accredited training course, as a mixture of online and workplace-based learning, to address the skills and knowledge required to provide entry level support for basic client care for a range of roles and purposes required within the aged care and disability support sectors.
After completion of the training, staff will be able to confidently undertake job tasks to support fully qualified carers such as:
- Making beds
- Providing assistance to maintain a clean environment
- Communicating with carers as part of the support services
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards.
- Blended learning (online learning and workplace-based assessment)
- Student must have access to digital resources to access Zoom meeting session
10 Weeks Part-Time | 60 Hours
- Australian citizen
- New Zealand citizen
- Permanent Resident
- Case study
- Role play
If you’d like to chat to us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0401 949 142.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding