Are you currently seeking employment and keen to get job-related training in language, literacy, numeracy and digital skills?
The SEE course will help you get the skills you need to get the job you want. Training is available from initial to advanced levels, and is based on your future goals. The course can help you get the job you want by:
- Improving your language skills (reading and writing)
- Improving your numeracy skills
- Improving your digital skills
- Improving your confidence in entering the workforce
- Improving your learning opportunities for further education
SEE caters to various groups, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, youth, people with disabilities, mature aged people, and job seekers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Clients are eligible to undertake the SEE program when they meet all the following criteria:
- aged between 15 years and Age Pension age
- registered as a job seeker, including as a volunteer job seeker
- deemed suitable for training without any barriers that could prevent successful participation
- either an Australian citizen or permanent resident or have working rights in Australia
The Program provides flexibility so that you can study while you are looking for.
WCIG’s SEE program provides up to 650 hours of English language, literacy and numeracy training to eligible individuals. It provides you with access to the training and support you need to gain stable employment.
Eligible jobseekers (aged 15 to pension age) can get up to 2 years of full-time or part-time training (10-25 hours each week).
All classes are face-to-face in small class sizes, with a supportive adult learning environment, with highly qualified specialist teachers.
WCIG delivers the SEE Program on behalf of Learning for Employment in Broadmeadows and Roxburgh Park.
The SEE program offers pathways to employment and/or a vocationally orientated training programs.
SEE is funded by the Federal Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business. There is no cost to participants.
Information for Referring Agencies:
SEE participation is worth 25 points per week toward a Participant’s monthly target of 100 points (where this applies). Referrals are always accepted, and the clients can enrol at any point throughout the year. The SEE program is a pathway to employment or further study.
The SEE program is a FREE accredited training course which is provided to:
- all eligible clients aged 15-64 years
- clients from English speaking and non-English speaking background
- clients who need further development of reading, writing, maths, oral and digital literacy skills
- clients who would benefit from employability skills-focused training
Interested in this course, but want more information. Our expert training team can give you as much information as you need so you know participating in the Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program is right for you.